Monday 26 May 2008

You got me turning all the lights on and off

So, yesterday, I was awake for approximately 4 hours out of the 24. I consider this to be a good Sunday, and I hate Sundays.

But, on Saturday, I went to the carnival of excitement that is Gay Pride! Whilst I didn't get as many pictures as I would have hoped, I did get a few, and so, as I'm in my little Solpadol induced haze, and I'm also watching High School Musical to make myself feel better, I will present to you, my favourite pictures, but without the usual witty commentary. Well.. Maybe a little commentary..

Photobucket

The whole place was swarming with Police. It makes sense I guess. Some of the Police were joining in with the pink based vibe!

Photobucket

The Lady Police Person was upset I didn't get her in my original picture, so I took a new one for her.

Photobucket

These Police People looked distinctly less impressed.

Photobucket

There were loads of men wearing almost nothing. Luckily for them, it was very warm. This man was giving out whistles.

Photobucket

I'm almost certain that he was not a real marine...

Photobucket

There were lots of people selling flags and whistles for outrageous prices. Luckily, I'm super smart and didn't fall for it.

Photobucket

On the odd occasion, some people asked me to take their pictures. This guy was Posh and Becks. Whenever he was surprised by something, his monocle fell out XD

Photobucket

How this guy was still alive, I will never understand. Leather on a day that warm! Some people suffer for their passions I guess.

Photobucket

Of course, when some gay men can't help but to get their bottoms out.

Photobucket

There was a bucking bronco type thing with a WKD bottle, people didn't do particularly well.

Photobucket

I saw this guy on at least 4 separate occasions, each time with his can of Strongbow. It made me feel at home.

Photobucket

This lady was dancing. To this day, I'm not sure if she was frowning at me or her friends who refused to dance..

Photobucket

There weren't many drag queens. However, this one was looking particularly sophisticated.

Photobucket

Not all the drag queens were cheery and camp though...

No comments: