Monday 2 March 2009

An Oceans Garbled Vomit On The Shore

Despite being told to do so last December, I have just read The Killing Joke by Alan Moore.
It's pretty much phenomenal. I'm not sure if i prefer it or Arkham Asylum, but then again, they're both vaguely linked in that they examine the idea of sanity.

It's illustrated by Brian Bolland I believe. Now, I present this picture to illustrate a point, and perhaps ask a question.
In this picture, is it just me, or is there something somewhat adorable about the Jokers face? He doesn't look like the murderous psychopath he is. There seems to be something naive about him. He looks likable, in a really odd manner that I can't quite put my finger on.

Photobucket

I think I'd like to go mad one day. Especially if it made me as witty and clever as mister J. Or Alan Moore for that matter.

No comments: