Tuesday 29 September 2009

Lost Within The Reeds

Okay, srsly guys, photo's soon enough. But for now, I'm bricking it a little.

Plinth is just over 24 hours, if you'd be so kind as to give me some feedback on my little speech, I'd be most grateful. Cheers lovers!

____________________________________________________

My name is Katie.

I am a student, I’m studying photography in Hereford, and the student loans people wont accept my phone calls, so there’s a good chance I won’t be able to pay my rent this term. I spend money I don’t have on Starbucks coffees, I think they put crack in their lattes.

I’m married to a gay man who can’t keep secrets from me and I’m friends with a spice girl, Buffy, a merchant who sells boats from beneath his jacket, and a bingo caller with a taste for Dogging.

I have a super hero secret identity that only a captain with tourettes knew about before now. I can’t disclose this identity, to do so would be to put the world at risk. Worry not, whilst I am here, Baron Von Funkenstein is covering my post.

I’m scared one day I’ll wind up a jobless mess with children by men whose names I don’t know, and appear on the Jeremy Kyle show. On the flip side, I’m scared I won’t get to go on the Jeremy Kyle show. Someone needs to tell Graham that he sounds more condescending than comforting.

I love the Decemberists. Some could say that what I do transcends love, and has reached a scary level of obsession. All the same, I’m dedicating what’s left of this hour to playing their latest album through. Consider this the listening party I didn’t get to go to because I don’t live in LA.

The Decemberists make songs about sailors, gangs, bank robberies and the summer, with words that are so long, you would never normally expect to hear them in a song. Please enjoy The Hazards of Love. the album has a shape shifting dear for gosh sake!

1 comment:

ssmmdd said...

I like it. I'm sure the people there will enjoy it and The Decemberists. :D